If you are going through a divorce, it is important that you have the assistance of a qualified West Bend, WI Child Custody attorney. The Child placement and custody experience can be extremely stressful and emotionally overwhelming without the support of qualified West Bend, WI divorce lawyers. Vanden Heuvel & Dineen, S.C. are highly experienced Washington County, WI family lawyers and can guide you through the often confusing process of divorce.
1. In deciding on placement of your minor children, the Court looks at the best interests of your children.
- Specific factors the Court considers in determining the best interests of your children include the following:
- The wishes of the child’s parents;
- The wishes of the child;
- The interaction of the child with his/her parents, brothers and sisters and any other person who significantly affects the child’s best interests;
- The amount of time each parent has spent with the child in the past;
- The child’s adjustment to home, school, religion and community;
- The age of the child and the child’s developmental and educational needs;
- The physical and mental health of the parties and child;
- The need for regularly occurring and meaningful periods of placement;
- The availability of child care services;
- The cooperation between the parties;
- Whether one parent can support the other parent’s relationship with the child; and
- Whether either party engaged in domestic abuse.
3. Generally, the Court orders mediation between the parties before a matter is set for a hearing on placement.
4. If mediation fails, the Court will appoint a Guardian Ad Litem who acts as an advocate for the minor child. The parties usually share the cost of the Guardian Ad Litem, but the Court may deviate from that presumption.
5. It is the obligation of the Court to set a placement schedule, “that allows the child to have regular occurring meaningful periods of physical placement with each parent and that maximizes the amount of time the child may spend with each parent.” Sec. 767.41, Wis. Stats.
It is important that you retain an experienced child placement attorney to represent your interests in a child custody or child placement dispute. The child placement attorneys at Vanden Heuvel & Dineen, S.C. law firm are knowledgeable, experienced and top-rated child placement lawyers with local offices in West Bend, Germantown, Appleton, Milwaukee and Sister Bay, Wisconsin.
Linda S. Vanden Heuvel is one of the most respected and trusted West Bend, WI family lawyers because of her outstanding credentials:
• Rated one of Milwaukee’s Top Lawyers by M Magazine
• Avvo rating 10.0 – superb, for Divorce and Family Law
• Better Business Bureau A+ rating
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating 2013
• Appeared on Milwaukee’s Leading Lawyers List in 2012
Clients have come to trust her as one of the best West Bend, WI family lawyers because of the benefits she provides:
• Dedication to sharing her wide range of knowledge with her clients
• Her outstanding litigation skills
• Her long time familiarity with all those involved in the local judicial process
• 24 hour availability
• Initial divorce free consultation
Contact Our Office Today
If you are considering mediation or collaborative divorce as an alternative to a divorce court case, Vanden Heuvel & Dineen, S.C. can provide you with a specially trained divorce attorney mediator or divorce collaborative attorney. Contact our firm today for an initial free divorce consultation with a highly skilled divorce West Bend lawyer who has the unique skills for a mediation divorce and . Call us today at (262) 250-1976. We have an office right in West Bend.